The Club of Rome is a global non-governmental organization founded in 1968 and consisting of notable scientists, high-level politicians, government officials, and manufacturers from over 30 countries.
To address global problems of humanity and speed up their solution.
- to identify major global concerns
- to encourage open public dialogue
- to develop future scenario models
- to find practical solutions
- to facilitate their implementation
- A global perspective on complex worldwide problems that recognizes an ever increasing inter-dependence of nations within a single planetary system.
- A holistic approach seeking inter-disciplinary solutions to contemporary political, economic, social, environmental, technological, cultural, social and psychological challenges acknowledging their different interactions.
- A long-term approach to important issues as well as to political decisions and practical cures that can be offered by modern politics – an approach that national governments cannot often afford, while responding primarily to everyday needs of poorly informed voters.